Date: 10/06/2011 1:05 AM Title: Chapter Seventeen
Great story, this one- the scenes of intimacy, as well as the sequences of action, suspense and tension really got the blood pumping, and the tender, emotional moments sure got me misty-eyed. It's a story that simply...glows, y'know? Love it. :)
Aside from the beautiful K/S-interaction, there are also the well-written Original Characters I'd like to bring up, as I found Salazar and Perkins to be likable, lifelike characters. And Johnson and the Orions are suitably unsympathetic but at the same time well written and complex.
The part with the photo surprised me a bit, for personal reasons. I rarely enjoy scenes of characters looking at pictures and reminiscing, as I find many such scenes to be overly melodramatical in writing style and seldom able to convey much emotion. Here, though, the writing was fine-tuned, and the scene really called forth a spontaeus warm, fuzzy feeling.
And I like that you've involved Stonn and T'Pring in this story- I'm not overly fond of them, but I like it whenever an author makes the effort to use the characters for interesting sub-plots and intrigue, and fleshes them out a bit beyond the cold-hearted couple of Amok Time.
Finally, since I can't seem to praise this fic enough, I'd like to once more point out how much I like the Kirk/Spock- interaction here. It's so sweet, tender and loving, and beautifully described.
In short: I'm in love with this story. It's that simple. :)
Date: 11/17/2010 8:05 AM Title: Prologue
I even didn't finished a half of that story, but I must review it NOW, because it's so awesome.
1. The characters are not just wandering aimlessly and waiting for some smexing to be done, they're working, they are perfectly in character, the ship's life looks realistic, the plot is solid and fun.
2. You noticed delicate changes in characters during TOS, growth of Kirk and Spock friendship, and used it perfectly.
3. Original characters are not annoying, balanced.
4. I was little bit annoyed by "cockblock" moments, but I saw how it allowed K/S relationship to rise gradually, without "hmm, today I'll do my best friend and become his mate forever". Than Spock started to mock it, playing with fourth wall. Did I mention I want to be your mate forever?
5. You mentioned the story has some newbish errors. We must also remember that when you wrote it, some today's cliches were completely new then. I read many, many stories from here (that one was left behind because of length, it's hard to read multi-chaptered fics on mobile), but this one still is so fresh, so new... Many fics used mind-meld as the thing that finally let them discover their feelings, but that one was special, non-obvious and very "natural"in the same time.
One of few bests fics I read. It should be obligatory for all K/S fans :)
Date: 06/10/2010 2:13 PM Title: Chapter One
Drug searching the ship, and outbreak of the flu, maintenance ... there's never a dull moment. This is building nicely.
Date: 06/10/2010 2:04 PM Title: Prologue
Oh this is such an interesting story! I've watched more Star Trek than I care to admit but never the original series. It's marvellous to see how people explore the relationships between the characters, and I was particularly taken with the discussion about melds.
Nicely written, I think I'm going to enjoy this!
Date: 08/30/2009 3:29 AM Title: Prologue
This is one of the most in-depth, well thought out stories I've read, I mean it. I just finished the whole thing, it took me a week! The emotional buildup was just plain incredible, and the characters were believable, not only as the characters we know and love, but as real people, as well. I'm rambling, consider my mind blown.
Date: 11/07/2008 12:59 AM Title: Prologue
Thank you for posting this! I've just got back from a four-hour wait in casualty after panicking about small child's head hitting coffee table. My baby was fine - I was a nervous wreck. I am now going to calm down and read the latest chapter. This is great stuff!
Date: 11/04/2008 9:39 PM Title: Prologue
This is great. One of the most moving stories I've read, K/S or otherwise. But do you really have to torture people by keeping back the end? it's beyond frustrating! Please, please can you stagger your stories but not not the chapters?!