Date: 03/26/2011 1:44 PM Title: Complete Story
I am so glad it worked out, but I sort of hate Spock a little for he did to Jim.
Aw, poor Spock. He just didn't understand what he was feeling. He figured it out in time though. =)
Glad you enjoyed it! <3
Date: 03/19/2011 11:03 PM Title: Complete Story
v nryw984372389 keyboard smash! Man I love angsty break up to make up fics. The reunions are always so powerful and touching. Maybe that's why I like them so much. Loved this story. Instant fave.
o/ Yay! Thank you so much. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. <3
Date: 03/19/2011 9:45 PM Title: Complete Story
I think I know why Forgotten One got confused, because I had the same problem: I thought the fatally injured Spock was New Spock, for lack of a better name (makes him sound like New Coke, I'm afraid) and not Spock Prime. So it seemed like the Spock we were dealing with died in the middle of the series of short pieces.
Other than that, these were wonderful.
makes him sound like New Coke
This made me snort out loud. Okay. lol Yeah, I'm starting to notice that that scene is confusing to people. I was going to throw in his name but I didn't want to. That's the only reasoning I have. I just didn't want to. I'm particular like that. =)
Date: 03/19/2011 8:28 PM Title: Complete Story
Okay, I have to ask a stupid question, forgive me. Were these related? In a time line of any sort? I tried to read them as in a line and I couldn't make sense of it. Maybe it was a random 5 & 1? However you meant for them to be read, they were exquisite. I loved every moment, I almost cried at several of them, both for Jim and for Spock. You moved me deeply with your writing. I can't pick a favorite, because all of them were beautiful, but number four will haunt me for quite a while. Spock fading away after injury and Jim getting there just in time broke my heart. You've got quite a gift. Thank you for sharing these. I regret I can only give you a 10/10, or I'd give you a 20/10.
Not a stupid question as I tend to have very erratic thoughts that appear in my writing. This is how my brain worked out this story.
- K/S were together before Nero and Spock left Jim to aid the New Colony.
- Jim is still planetside before embarking on his first 5 year mission when he recieves his birthday call from Spock. This is several months after Spock left.
- Jim is now a few months into his first 5 year mission when he runs into Spock unexpectedly and inadvisable sexing occurs.
- Jim rushes to the colony to be with Spock Prime who was fatally injured. This is two years after the event of the movie.
- Jim discovers Spock's upcoming bonding (set up by Sarek against Spock's wishes) several months after Spock Prime's death.
- And Spock's return to the Enterprise occurs almost three years after the end of the movie.
It's just a stream of angsty events from the short hiatus they (Spock) took from their relationship. They, of course, stay together forever after that and life happily ever after.
Thanks for such a lovely review. It's so nice to hear that it moved you. *hugs*