A World of Difference by Arcadii
How different would the universe be if Sarek had been killed during a diplomatic mission and Amanda had taken a young Spock to live on Earth? Hopefully a longish fic and I prefer Abrams universe AU with bottom/Spock, angst, hurt/comfort.
*You can decide Spock's age when Sarek is killed and he and his mother move to Earth(prefer anything preteen).
*Would like to see Amanda working in an academic world - could growing up in a more liberal atmosphere affect Spock by him acting more human (learned behavior through association) or more Vulcan (to honor his father) - you decide.
*Without the anger at the VSA, would Spock choose Starfleet or would a similar atmosphere in academia give the same impetus and how would this affect his meeting with Jim Kirk?
- Bonus for Christopher Pike dating Amanda.
- Bonus for Spock retaining heir of house and having to endure Vulcan training at the Vulcan embassy.
- Bonus for an interfering T'Pau having disagreements with Amanda on the proper way to raise Spock.
- Bonus for Amanda thinking that Spock needs a male influence and asks Chris to do father/son things like camping and some kind of sport.
- Bonus for Chris (now stepfather) to set up a blind date for Spock with Jim Kirk, the son of an old friend and also a cadet at the academy.
I'd be very interested to see someones take this and have fun with it. :)
, Chris Pike
This is a response to the challenge by Arcardii, A World of Difference, if you haven't guessed. It's a work in progress, the idea being that Spock grows up on Earth, rather than Vulcan, and the differences that makes.
Categories: Works in Progress
NoneUniverse: AU Alternate UniverseWarnings:
NoneChallenges: A World of Difference
4 Table of Contents
4380 Read Count:
[Report This] Published: