Ok, for this challenge I'd like to see Jim and Spock (Abrams, please) in a romantic relationship, both of them crazy about the other- but:
-Spock loves Jim more than life itself, and can't imagine life without him. Therefore, Spock is terrified to meld them, because a) he thinks he'll inadvertently bond them, thus appearing too clingy or something and scaring Jim away,or b) he thinks his telepathy will freak Jim out, or c) all of the above
- Not only is Spock scared to meld them, he's very reluctant to be overly affectionate with Jim(doesn't want to be too clingy), and doesn't engage in any PDA, or tell Jim that he loves him
-Did I mention Jim is crazy about Spock? For months before their getting together, Jim pined after Spock. He even researched common practices for Vulcan couples, and so he knows that Spock should love mind melds and be initiating them every chance he gets, and that male Vulcans are almost always very protective and affectionate with their mates, which is almost the polar opposite of Spock's behavior
- Jim's past and childhood are very screwed up. Like, the abusive stepfather, the mother echo couldn't look at him because he looks like his dad, the whole shebang (trauma on tarsus iv is optional). All of these things have contributed to Jim having ridiculously low self-worth and trust issues that he hides behind his playboy facade.
- Jim gets it into his head that Spock only wants him for sex, despite the fact that Spock yet old him at the beginning of the relationship that he wants him for more than his body.(of course, Spock didn't outright tell him "I love you," because for a genius he's stupid like that). However, Jim can't stand the thought of Spock leaving, even if he's convinced that the one he loves most in the world will never love him back, and so he's determined to keep what little Spock will give him.
- Jim pretty much becomes Spock's slave in all things. In bed, he does ONLY what Spock wants, focuses only on bringing Spock pleasure. Spock picks what they do, what they eat, everything. It's not healthy for Jim, he's missing sleep trying to do favors for Spock and thinking of new ways to be what he thinks to be the perfect boyfriend, and stressing because he thinks he's not doing enough and Spock will leave him. Poor Jim.
- Spock's never been in a relationship before (Options on the Uhura situation are limited: a) it can simply be ignored,there was no relationship-type-thingy ever, what are you talking about b) it was all in her mind, Spock did not reciprocate AT ALL c) they had a brief fling, but it was ultimately meaningless to both of them) so he doesn't know how a healthy one works. He's not stupid, he has some suspicions that something's a bit off with him and Jim, but he's walking on eggshells as is and decides not to mention it
- Jim starts taking crazy risks to protect Spock. He's jumping in front of bullets left and right for Spock, but he makes sure Spock doesn't see, because he's not doing it to try and win Spock over, he's doing it because he loves him. so, Spock knows Jim's been hurt a lot recently, doesn't know it's because the captain is protecting him. Bones and the others, however, do notice.
- Bones and assorted other crewmembers see what's happening to Jim, and blame Spock.they go to confront him,and Spock finally sees what Jim's doing, realizes how desperate Jim is to please him, and abruptly feels crazy guilty, thinks he's the worst boyfriend in the history of always.
Ok! So that was annoyingly, ridiculously detailed. I apologize. Everything is nice and vague from here forward.
Things that are pretty much necessary
-tons and tons and tons of angst, and eventual h/c. don't be afraid to make it sappy. Sap is your friend.
-Happy ending is a must
-Jim is not a moron
things that are not necessary, just encouraged
-Spock at one point thinks that Jim's constant deference to him is a result of Spock trying to kill him when Vulcan was destroyed, and there is an enormous guilt-fest.
-Jim thinks Spock is beautiful. Spock doesn't. When Jim tries to tell him he is and Spock tries to argue, Jim actually yells at Spock for, like, the first time since the relationship started.
That's about it, the ending is up to you. Gosh this is a long challenge. Sorry y'all. Have fun!